Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Mid State Fair : A photo heavy post

I grew up going to the Mid State Fair in Paso Robles.
And I was fortunate to get to go again this year, for the first time in more than 10 years, 
with some great people!

Rides, corn dogs, DBAs, friends, family, Mutton Bustin', and so much other fun!!!

The main characters in this blog:
On the left, Mike Del Rey- one of my favorite people in the world, who I hadn't seen in 3 years, 
and who, by his last few living locations, is a city boy... 
Tyson, my brother and Angela, my future sister-in-law joined in on the fun.
I really couldn't imagine going with a different group of people!
Pictured here are us with one of many beers that were consumed on this day at the fair!

I took my canon point & shoot and had my iPhone camera on hand to document the day...
*Just for the record- these photos are not my finest work. :)
And they were not taken in any sort of professional state...

Starting with this:
The characters and amazing attire are aplenty at the Mid State Fair!!

This duo was just the darndest cutest country couple!
              
This poor guy fell asleep at his booth....

So naturally Angela and Mike took their photo with him.


This banner does NOT make me want to eat their burger... poor moo cow!

Another amazing vendor:


These guys were nice enough to let Mike and Angela get their photos taken with them.


The people watching was really at its finest...
I really could have sat in one place for people watching the whole day.

I'm sorry... I just don't get this:

Some more fair fashion:

CARNIVAL RIDE TICKETS!!!!

Mike and I took a ride on this one: 

As seen here:



Of course what visit to the fair isn't complete with fried food?!!

 I don't remember the booths being so... bright and ridiculous as a kid.
These really were crazy!


And the HUGE amount of strange (and normal) fried food...
Seriously, America? 

 We all decided to get a fair favorite: the corn dog!

Freshly dipped at Hot Dog on a Stick (no heat lamps for us thanks!).


Angela trying to get up the ladder...
She really thought she would be able to do it! (she failed at no cost to her)

Of course there were cheesy plush toys galore!

More carnival rides...
(Tyson and Angela are faking it... the ride was still)


One of my favorite photo ops... The sparkly word booth!

(I joke that these will be my profile pictures for future dating site endeavors... )


Another highlight for my fair experience:
Mutton Bustin'!

Wool Riders Only put on a pretty darn good show!
Picture it:
3-6 year olds hanging onto a sheep for dear life!

Pretty amazing!!!

Feeding the Mutton Bustin' sheep!

Horsey!

Weee!!! (Hey who's that peeking in the background?!!)

Night time at the carnival... Taken with the handy iPhone!

I'd say the most inspiring thing about the Mid State Fair is that there are just a lot of different types of people and ages hanging out together... Each coming for different reasons, whether it's for a concert, animals, free show, carnival rides, people watching....
There's something for nearly everyone!

Have you gone to any big fairs recently?


No comments:

Post a Comment