Saturday, March 19, 2011

challenging times call for stopping to smell the flowers

The last month has been a very challenging time for me.
But one thing that I have tried to do to keep myself grounded and present is to, literally, stop to smell the flowers.

I mostly always walk to/from work and yoga and there are such beautiful flowers in my neighborhood! And though they are right there, hard to miss, it is easy to just walk right by.
Well I have been trying to make it a point of stopping to gaze at their colors. Or smell their nectar.
In one spot, there is the most amazingly sweet floral smell! I can not figure out its source, but every time I walk past (which is often), I stop and breathe in.

Here are just a few of the flowers in my neighborhood that have been capturing my attention!

Poppies!
Can't help but to love them.


This cluster of flowers is down my alley way.
The flowers just had to reach out to get to the sun!


This yard is beautiful... On this day, the home owner came home while I was taking photos. She was really sweet and told me that soon there will be the most beautiful bulbs blooming.
Can't wait!


This tree has been blooming for a while and I often take photos of it.


So how about you?
Do you notice the beauty in your every day?
Do you stop to enjoy the simple things?

No comments:

Post a Comment