Wednesday, April 27, 2011

San Francisco post 3: blossoms and ginkgo

I went to the city on the right weekend...
The cherry blossoms were in full bloom and bright pink.
To top it off, my favorite leafed tree, the ginkgo, was bright green and everywhere.

This post is photo heavy... I just couldn't narrow down my favorites more than this!

First up: The Gingko.
If you know me, you know I love the ginkgo leaf... I love its shape and
the tree is beautiful in green in the spring and golden in the fall.
I love the contrast between the green leaves and the darker and reddish background.
(do yourself a favor and click on the photo for a bigger image...)

Slightly translucent leaves



And now: The Cherry Blossoms.
How beautiful and lush are these?!!
At night, they would glow.
I had a hard time capturing it, but maybe you get the idea with this one.



The shapes and colors in nature are so inspiring to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment