Saturday, April 2, 2011

yoga inspires



It has been a month since I started doing yoga regularly.
And it is one of the most inspiring things I have ever done for myself.

I have become such a yoga-advocate, excited to talk to anyone who will listen to my exclamations about how wonderful it is!
I know it has been around for thousands and thousands of years, but it is new to me, therefore I want to tell the world all about it as if it is the new hot thing in town.

I am practicing at The Yoga Centre, here is SLO. It is conveniently a few blocks away from my house. I have been going 3-5 days a week and am totally addicted.

This is my favorite pose right now:

Parsvakonasana - Side Angle Twist/Bend/Pose

I am also working on my upper body and core strength so that I can improve my handstand and headstand and all of the poses in general.
Let me tell you, though- the first time I did a handstand, I was so freaking excited. Actually, every time I do a handstand, I get excited. It is really hard for me and not a natural thing so when I do it, I am really proud of myself.

If you have never done yoga, I really encourage you to give it a try.
For me, it has improved my mind, body, and spirit. I feel energized after class. It is one thing in my life that I do for no one else but myself- and that is pretty powerful for me!
And if I entered class with a dark cloud over my head, it quickly turns into a bright rainbow and I walk out of class at peace.

So yea, Yoga- you totally inspire me!


No comments:

Post a Comment