Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Live Oak Post 2: Red Skunk Jipzee Swing Band

Saturday night was a special treat for all of us Live Oakers... 
And another one of my highlights of the weekend.
The Red Skunk Jipzee Swing Band played on Stage Too and damn, they played it well!

The RSJSB members are young (all under 21, I think!) and are local SLO county kids.
Talk about inspiring!


I've seen them play a few times and I am always so impressed.
They are young, fun, excited, and amazing musicians!

Molly Reeves is on vocals and guitar...
She is amazingly talented, has a great voice, and is a true entertainer.
And the red curly hair really wraps her up as the whole darn awesome package!

 Jamie Mather is on stand-up bass.
 He is truly adorable and can really play!



 Next up is Pamela Sheffler.
As a violinist myself, I am completely blown away by Pamela.
She is petite, and from what I have seen, the quietest one in the group.
But she plays that violin hard. So good!

Kenneth Davis is on drums and percussion.
He is so much fun to watch- always with a huge grin on his face!

Justin Au is the trumpet player.
His flight was delayed in Puerto Rico and the band was uncertain whether or not 
he'd make it to Live Oak. But here he came on stage, half way through the set, trumpet in hand!


And finally there is Sam Boorman.
Don't let his long hair fool you into thinking he belongs in a grunge rock band!
His guitar riffs fit in perfectly to the gypsy swing music!




Keep an eye out for these guys!
They play a lot around SLO and should be taking on the world sometime soon, 
if the world knew what was good for it!


 They're also on facebook.

So check them out!
You'll be glad you did.

I also want to note that my brother Tyson was working sound for this gig.
And my brother Grant was creating the light show!
Excellent work guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment