Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Summertime in SLO


Despite the odd weather that we have been having, SUMMER is upon us!!!

Rarely too hot, lots of live music going on, and its vicinity to so much to do outdoors makes
San Luis Obispo county an amazing and inspiring place to be in the summer!

There are a few things that I will check off my summer list in SLO:
First up, this weekend, is the Live Oak Music Festival.
This fun weekend is a fundraiser for KCBX Public Radio.
Music, Camping, Food, Friendly Faces, and Wonderful Vendors!
All amongst the beautiful oaks in the Santa Ynez Valley.
I will be there, running humanKind Fair Trade's vendor booth and I am super excited.

Next on my radar:
Concerts in the Plaza are on Friday evening, from 5:30-7:30.
Some of the bands that I am looking forward to (and so should you):
June 24 - TROPO
July 1 - Cuesta Ridge
July 22 - Resination
July 29 - Criticnue
There are lots of others too, but those are the ones that I am most looking forward to.

Art After Dark is a fun way to spend a warm summer night.
It's the first Friday of every month in downtown SLO.
Art, wine, cheese, and conversation- so fun!
I am especially looking forward to July 1, as my amazing friend
AnnaLillian will be showcasing her photographs at humanKind!

Of course the summertime is the perfect time to check out the county's farmer's markets...
Including SLO's Thursday "Farmers" and Avila's Friday Farmer's Market.
I have actually never been to Avila's but I've heard it is a lot of fun.

Besides these dated events (and there are tons more, so keep your ears open),
there is just so much to do outdoors in and around SLO county.
Also to be had, there are hikes, beach time (must wear my sunscreen!),
trips up the coast to Big Sur, wine tasting, weddings,
bike rides to no where in-particular, impromptu BBQs with a cold beer,
lazy days at the park, and so much more!
Man I am getting excited just thinking about it all!!

How about you?
What's on your summer agenda?

No comments:

Post a Comment